The modern man considers himself a bit cultured and more knowledgeable than his ancestors. He may be tech savvy, but when it comes to nature, our ancestors were geniuses. The knowledge they passed on through teachings and scriptures, regarding nature and the remedies are astounding. Among those words of wisdom handed down, the importance and health benefits of honey were passed on to us.
Honey is versatile. It has been prized as a sweetener, as medicine, as an offering for the Gods, as currency, and as a symbol of love. Ayurveda crowns Honey with the title ‘nectar of life’. The flavour and colour of the honey changes, depending upon the flower the bee visits, the season and even the soil consistency. Bee-zare, but true. The various health benefits of honey are across-the-board, from restoring sleep to improving digestion.
Here are a five home remedies of honey that’ll blow your mind.
1) Boost yourself: The fructose and glucose present in honey acts as great boosters and helps boost your energy. Coffee and other caffeinated products are commonly used as quick fixes, but honey has all the benefits with none of the side effects.
2) Heal yourself: Heals wounds and cuts Honey has natural antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. These properties help clean wounds and cuts. Also, honey can keep wounds and cuts free from infection, reduce odour and pus, lessen pain and promote speedy healing.
3) Coughs: Treats coughs several studies have found that honey is a far more effective remedy for coughs compared to many over-the-counter cough medicines. Honey has strong antibacterial properties that help soothe sore throats and kill the bacteria that cause the infection.
4) Heal Minor Burns: You can use honey to treat minor burns effectively. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties can prevent bacterial growth and the antimicrobial properties prevent infections.
5) Improve circulation: Raw honey makes your brain function optimally by strengthening the heart and improving blood circulation.
With all these benefits and more it’s not hard to see why honey is a part of the daily diet of millions of people all over the world.
Get your bottle here!